- Criminal Law
- Commercial Litigation
- Proven results with Not Guilty verdicts in
- Rape and other sexual offences,
- Grievous Bodily Harm and other assaults
- Excellent sentencing results
- Successul in appeal hearings
After spending some time abroad working at a Texas injury law office, Alex was first admitted to practice as a lawyer in New South Wales in 1998.
He was enrolled as a Solicitor in the Supreme Court of Queensland in 1999 and was called to the Bar in Queensland in March 2010.
Alex’s first role as a lawyer was in the Australian Army as a Legal Officer. After resigning his commission, he continued as an Army Reserve Legal Officer for several years while he worked at Roberts Liu & North, a Townsville firm of solicitors (now Roberts Nehmer McKee) where he undertook work in the general commercial and property law fields followed by Suthers Taylor Lawyers in Townsville where he undertook work in commercial litigation. Alex then went on to establish his own firm in Townsville where he undertook, and supervised several employed solicitors in family law, criminal law and commercial litigation for 8 years before being called to the bar in Brisbane in March 2010.
Alex has presented papers at the following Queensland Law Society seminars:
- Running a Family Law File, 4 November 2010
- Structuring and Delivering a Killer Plea, 15 February 2011
- Third Parties in Family Law Property Proceedings, 21 June 2011
Alex is a member of the following organisations:
- Queensland Bar Association
- Queensland Law Society (Associate Member)
- Law Council of Australia (Family Law Section)
- Family Law Practitioners Association Queensland
- Caxton Legal Centre
- Queensland Public Interest Law Clearing House
- Prisoners Legal Service Inc
- Legal Aid Queensland panel of Barristers
If you are looking for a Brisbane Barrister for criminal defence work or for commercial litigation, contact Alex Nelson.